Yesterday my wife decided to spend lavishly on few cosmetics and that took us to leading retail store – West Side in Infinity Mall, Mumbai. Of course she bought what she wanted, retail chain gave bill and I paid.
But the real surprise came to me this morning while having my morning tea when my wife started reviewing her previous day purchase and out of curiosity, I asked her to show what she bought. I just wanted to check why these products are so expensive.
Apparently this company (Revelon) is selling imported products which are packed in various factories in India. We bought 3 products and below are details:
- ColorStay Ultimate (TM), Imported by Gawahati based company and marketed by Revelon (Umesh Modi Co.) and sold for Rs. 700.
- ColorStayOvertime (TM), Imported and marketed by Revelon (Umesh Modi Company) Delhi and sold for Rs. 845.
- Nail Enamel, Manufactured by Taloja based company and marketed by Revelon (Umesh Modi Company) Delhi and sold for Rs. 120.
Important thing is this company is leading American Cosmetic company and consumer trust them for their quality and goodwill. But the reason which took me by surprise that on non of the product the price was mentioned on the pack. And this is something Indian Law don’t permit.
- Why price on all the 3 products are not mentioned. Even a price tag is not provided on the packing by Revelon.
- Why leading trusted retail chain like West Side is selling such product which violates consumer protection law and is getting in anti law practice?
- Where the Government monitoring agencies are or there is another scam is about to be unearthed?
Sanjeev Singhai: 12/12/2010.