One Plus X smartphone owners are experiencing error “Google services stopped working.’ This can happen if you have carried System Update on you mobile. Google Store stooped working on my Android Mobile, no Apps were getting updated. In fact all Google Apps like Gmail, Google Play Movies, Google+ and Google Play Music etc stopped working.
After coming from office I spent many evenings researching various Android Forum & Google Play Help and trying out various solutions for the error “unfortunately Google Services Stopped Working”. I also tried 7 solution provided at Google Play Help for “Store won’t load or download apps.” Everyone seems to be giving solutions which were based on trial and error with no clue to exact problem.
Play Store Error Solution
The problem seems to with Operating System Update of OxygenOS Version 3.1.3 which I updated few days back in Android Version 6.0.1 mobile/ smartphone. This problem/ error is faced is only faced by the users who have installed Google+ App on their phone. So what you need to do is uninstall the Google+ from your mobile and all Google Services. Please follow the following steps to restore normal functioning of your mobile:
- Go to Settings of your mobile.
- Look for Apps or App Manager
- Scroll down and find Google+ App and open it
- Disable the Google+ App. It might give you error “Unable to uninstall the Google+” but that’s fine, you wont see the Google+ App in Apps or Apps Manager.
- Restart/ reboot your smartphone.
- Open the any Google Service or Play Store, you will find its working fine now.