I don’t think anyone gave me advises. Everyone is always busy and no one has time to guide. It’s on us and on our ability to pick advises from questions which we are posed to us and things which we are told or we hear everyday.
Here are some of the pearls which I picked (in order of my learning’s) and which impacted my sales career and life:
- Are you as mature as your father is?
- Sail with the ship and than swim.
- When products are more or less similar and there aren’t much differentiation, salesman is the biggest differentiator.
- Know your and competitor’s product or services in and out.
- Never try selling hard. Consultative selling is best way to get orders.
- Always invest in relationships.
- Think of your customer.