In recent past, I have noticed that BCCL Group (The Economics Times, The Times of India and Times Now) very aggressively brought out and followed the news stories in the interest of COMMON MAN. And no doubt they are doing excellent job in exposing corruption, irregularities and manipulations.
But while they talk about such things, are they RIGHTLY treating their own readers/ consumer or they themselves are involved in manipulating? I have few open questions for BCCL management:
1. Why they sale their readers newspapers in different mast heads – The Economic Times, The Economic Times on Saturday or The Economic Times on Sunday?
2. At no points consumer/ readers are not made aware about this (different mast heads) by BCCL. Consumer gets 1 monthly bill from their monthly subscription. Well in this BCCL can say they don’t control the vendors. But they surly need an explanation.
3. Why different price for different day of subscription.
- Monday to Friday – Rs. 2.50 for 26 or more pages(including glazed pages).
- Saturday – Rs. 2.50 for 16-18 pages on an average or few more pages occasionally.
- Sunday – Rs. 9 for 12 pages.
4. What is the justification of charging 260% on Sunday when number of pages drop by more than 50%?
5. What is the regulation on unreasonable pricing of the newspaper.
6. When most of the newspaper in this country are sold from 50 paise to Rs. 2.5, what makes BCCL to charge readers unreasonably on Sundays?